Business Coach and Mentor for freelancers
Looking for a freelance business coach or mentor to help you overcome road bumps, grow your business and create your ultimate freelance lifestyle?
Freelance Business Coach & Mentor
Looking for a freelance business coach to help you overcome road bumps, grow your business and create your ultimate freelance lifestyle?
How I Can Help You
How I Can Help You
Hello! I’m Emma Cossey, and I’m a freelance business coach and mentor. Essentially what that means, is that
The Freelance Lifestyle blog was created in 2011, to provide freelancers with down-to-earth support, news and practical advice.
Since then, the community has morphed into that friendly and honest place I dreamt of visiting when I first started out. The space to open up about the struggles of freelancing, to vent, and to connect with others on the same path. From that little blog, came a podcast, a Facebook community, an online school and now, coaching.
But before I welcome you into the club with open arms (metaphorically speaking – personal space is sacred!) you need some clarity.
Is Freelance business coaching or freelance mentoring for you? Yes, if…
You want to figure out exactly why, when and how to ditch the 9 to 5.
You’re ready to start working (and living) your way. You need to focus your goals (and really get to grips with the practicalities). You’re also a bit nervous (or even scared) about taking those steps, and need support from someone who gets it.
You’re craving the confidence you see others show. You want to find smart solutions to streamline your freelance life.
You want balance. You could be a mum juggling work and freelancing, an exhausted office worker looking to take back control or you simply want to be able to LOVE what you do.
I’m Emma, business and life coach for freelancers, i.e. the person who can help you figure out all of that stuff.
I’ve been freelance since 2009, and a trained coach since 2015. Known in some circles as #betterthangoogle (as I know the app, tools or hacks for nearly every situation). Through 1-1 coaching, I can help YOU get focused, get accountable, and get going.
As a freelancer with ADHD, I know how it feels to try and fit in, and do things in a way that everyone else does. Ooof, it’s uncomfortable! I’m here to help you throw out the rule book and build a freelance business that works for YOU.
- Are you brand new to freelancing and need someone to hold your hand through it
- Are you an introvert, and you’re stuck in the mindset that successful business owners have to be extrovert (clue: you don’t!)
- Do you have ADHD, and you’re looking for help through Access to Work’s ADHD coaching fund?
- Does your mindset need some mojo.
- Do you need help on how to find clients
- Are your systems are stressing you out and you need help with creating one that works for you.
- Do you just need someone who understands what it’s like to run a freelance business
- Do you need someone that will be equal parts cheerleader and butt kicker, helping you to plan out and achieve your business goals
Regardless, I’ve got you covered. I’ve spent years building up my own freelance business.
I’ve been a pro blogger, a social media consultant, a copywriter, a teacher/trainer and now a freelancing mum with a side of late diagnosed ADHD… and my passion is helping people just like you take the next step.
I’m here to help you build the freelance life you want.
Interested in 1-2-1 coaching?
Some of the areas I help with:
- Helping to identify goals and an action plan
- Identifying income streams to improve income flow
- Creating boundaries and structure for better work/life balance
- Developing regular routines to make business and life go smoother
- Implementing a pitching routine to avoid the feast or famine cycle
- Social media tools and online workflows to improve the productivity of your business
- Identifying limiting beliefs that are holding you back (e.g. imposter syndrome, confidence at networking events, self-belief)
Biz Coaching for freelancers through Zoom
Power Hour60 minute session
- Want to brainstorm some ideas, pick my brains or just have a space to delve into your business for an hour and get some clarity?
- The Power Hour is for you!
- In the past, clients have used power hours to flesh out their services, get clear on who their ideal customer is, work out their freelance client funnel and discuss what tech they can be using. I’ve also had new freelancers book a session to go through all those things they’re wondering about, from how to invoice to where to go to find clients.
- The power hour is a mix of coaching and mentoring, but it’s all about YOU and your business.
- Sessions take place over Zoom.
Three Month Fairy Godmother packagepayment plan available
- This freelance coaching package is for anyone that wants to work on their freelance business, with 1-2-1 support, a plan and strategy for the next three months, group support through the Freelance Business Lounge membership and Voxer support to keep you accountable. Basically I’ll be your freelance fairy godmother for three months!
- We’ll start with a two hour Zoom session together to set your goals for the next three months (and dive into any blocks that might be stopping you – this is going to be deep work, not just surface fixes). Then you’ll get an hour of Voxer support every other week for the rest of the three month period to keep accountable, achieve your goals and deal with anything that comes up (from client problems or tech troubles to mindset wobbles).
- I want to help you find an approach and system to running a freelance business confidently that works for you, because everyone works (and is wired) differently. We’ll find smart ways to hit your goals (without the hustle/work all the hours pressure). We can even chat about funnels and passive income.
- 1 x 2 hour Coaching call to set goals and get clarity
- 5 x 60 minute Voxer coaching/support sessions
- 3 months of access to the Freelance Business Lounge for group support, twice weekly group calls and a weekly accountability hour.
- Sessions take place on Zoom and Voxer.
Biz Coaching through Voxer
Voxer Accountability Coaching month30 minute session x 4 a month
- Looking for support and accountability over a month, in a relaxed way? Voxer Accountability Coaching Month is a great way to do it!
- Voxer is an app that allows you to message each other using text and voice notes – but the big difference is that you can hear the other person live while they’re talking, like a walkie talkie (but a walkie talkie you can replay later and transcribe). It means we can have weekly 30 minute check-ins while you’re easing into the day with a cuppa, on the walk back from the school run, or even if you’re just camera shy.
- My clients have used it for a variety of things, from walking through a launch, to getting support and accountability to achieve a goal.
Half Day Voxer coaching sessionpayment plan available
- Want to have a half day to work on you and your business? The Voxer half day gives you half a day to work together on your goals and business. We can delve into your strategy, systems, limiting beliefs and blocks holding you back or overall business planning. All from the comfort of your sofa!
- And the joy of Voxer is that we can chat, you can nip away to implement something or find out more, then come back to move onto the next step. Ideal if you tend to get overwhelmed with too much!
- Usually takes place between 9am-1pm GMT.
Zoom Coaching testimonials
“Emma is a sensitive and practical coach. She balances the sessions with teasing out the crux of a situation by asking insightful questions, with tips and tricks and ideas that help you solve blocks yourself. Emma has worked as an employee and also, as she is now, as an established freelancer. Knowing both sides of the fence gives her an immense credibility which coupled with her boundless wisdom and suggestions makes you feel nothing is impossible. I would highly recommend Emma as a professional coach to anyone wanting to bring success into their lives.”
“After just an hour with Emma I had clarity on where I was taking my business and an action plan to help me get it there. She gave me loads of ideas and helped me take a fresh look at what I was doing, as well as giving me motivation to get there”
Laura Agar Wilson
“Emma is the first person I go to to talk about anything, whether it’s work, personal, or utterly random. She is a great sounding board whenever I need to vent, she has SO MUCH KNOWLEDGE that she is always happy to share and her practical approach always helps me calm down and identify exactly what’s getting in my way (and what I should do next). It’s unreal the amount that talking to Emma helps me live life. More than anything, she has helped me to believe in myself. She is always there, always kind, always encouraging and I LOVE HER.”
Here’s what Laura said after a month of accountability Voxer:
“What can I say? Being a business owner can be a lonely old thing, and sometimes you just need some impartial and expert advice to call on. Emma has become that person for me. Not only is she incredibly knowledgeable, but she is also a calm, kind and thoughtful coach – genuinely acting as a cheerleader for my business. She has become an integral part of my business decision making and helped coax me into making some big ideas start becoming reality. If you’re looking for accountability with a pinch of tech and a whole lot of knowledge, you need Emma in your life.”
“The Voxer package was great value for money and a really superb idea – I had Emma on hand, fully focussed on my business for 30 minutes every Thursday for four weeks. These intensive, bite-sized sessions meant that we could focus in on some business-related niggles that may have come up in the interim or questions that may have dropped into my head over the week. She really helped me to focus and prepare my new packages for the market. The platform Emma uses is also really useful because your conversations over text or voice are saved to return to later. I found Emma to be incredibly approachable, knowledgeable and non-judgemental, and because she has lived experience of neurodiversity, I felt I could be open about my struggles with dyslexia and dyscalculia and get tips on how to manage aspects of my business I was struggling with. I’ll be back for more ASAP!”
I’ve got lots of free support and goodies available for you too!
- The Freelancer’s Teabreak podcast
- The Freelance Lifestyle Blog
- 30+ ways to find your next client: My guide to the four areas of your business to focus on to bring in new clients, and how to do it!
- Free Training: Five Ways To Find Your Next Client
- The Freelance Lifestylers Facebook group
All of this can be found on my Freebies page.
Follow me on Instagram
Get more clients
Sign up to my free training on 5 ways to find your next client as a freelancer.