Freelance Business Coach and Mentor
Looking for a freelance business coach or mentor to help you overcome road bumps, grow your business and create your ultimate freelance lifestyle?
Freelance Business Coach & Mentor
Looking for a freelance business coach to help you overcome road bumps, grow your business and create your ultimate freelance lifestyle?
How I Can Help You
How I Can Help You
Hello! I’m Emma Cossey, and I’m a freelance business coach and mentor. Essentially what that means, is that
The Freelance Lifestyle blog was created in 2011, to provide freelancers with down-to-earth support, news and practical advice.
Since then, the community has morphed into that friendly and honest place I dreamt of visiting when I first started out. The space to open up about the struggles of freelancing, to vent, and to connect with others on the same path. From that little blog, came a podcast, a Facebook community, an online school and now, coaching.
But before I welcome you into the club with open arms (metaphorically speaking – personal space is sacred!) you need some clarity.
Is Freelance business coaching or freelance mentoring for you? Yes, if…
You want to figure out exactly why, when and how to ditch the 9 to 5.
You’re ready to start working (and living) your way. You need to focus your goals (and really get to grips with the practicalities). You’re also a bit nervous (or even scared) about taking those steps, and need support from someone who gets it.
You’re craving the confidence you see others show. You want to find smart solutions to streamline your freelance life.
You want balance. You could be a mum juggling work and freelancing, an exhausted office worker looking to take back control or you simply want to be able to LOVE what you do.
I’m Emma, business and life coach for freelancers, i.e. the person who can help you figure out all of that stuff.
I’ve been freelance since 2009, and a trained coach since 2015. Known in some circles as #betterthangoogle (as I know the app, tools or hacks for nearly every situation). Through 1-1 coaching, I can help YOU get focused, get accountable, and get going.
As a freelancer with ADHD, I know how it feels to try and fit in, and do things in a way that everyone else does. Ooof, it’s uncomfortable! I’m here to help you throw out the rule book and build a freelance business that works for YOU.
with Maybe you’re brand new to freelancing and need someone to hold your hand through it
Maybe you’re an introvert, and you’re stuck in the mindset that successful business owners have to be extrovert (clue: you don’t!)
Maybe your mindset needs some mojo.
Maybe you need help on how to find clients
Maybe your systems are stressing you out and you need help with creating one that works for you.
Maybe you just need someone who understands what it’s like to run a freelance business
Maybe you need someone that will be equal parts cheerleader and butt kicker, helping you to plan out and achieve your business goals
Regardless, I’ve got you covered. I’ve spent years building up my own freelance business.
I’ve been a pro blogger, a social media consultant, a copywriter, a teacher/trainer and now a freelancing mum with a side of late diagnosed ADHD… and my passion is helping people just like you take the next step.
I’m here to help you build the freelance life you want.
Interested in 1-2-1 coaching?
Some of the areas I help with:
- Helping to identify goals and an action plan
- Identifying income streams to improve income flow
- Creating boundaries and structure for better work/life balance
- Developing regular routines to make business and life go smoother
- Implementing a pitching routine to avoid the feast or famine cycle
- Social media tools and online workflows to improve the productivity of your business
- Identifying limiting beliefs that are holding you back (e.g. imposter syndrome, confidence at networking events, self-belief)
Power Hour60 minute session
- Want to brainstorm some ideas, pick my brains or just have a space to delve into your business for an hour and get some clarity?
- The Power Hour is for you!
- In the past, clients have used power hours to flesh out their services, get clear on who their ideal customer is, work out their freelance client funnel and discuss what tech they can be using. I’ve also had new freelancers book a session to go through all those things they’re wondering about, from how to invoice to where to go to find clients.
- The power hour is a mix of coaching and mentoring, but it’s all about YOU and your business.
- Sessions take place over Zoom.
Three Month Fairy Godmother packagepayment plan available
- This freelance coaching package is for anyone that wants to work on their freelance business, with 1-2-1 support, a plan and strategy for the next three months, group support through the Freelance Business Lounge membership and Voxer support to keep you accountable. Basically I’ll be your freelance fairy godmother for three months!
- We’ll start with a two hour Zoom session together to set your goals for the next three months (and dive into any blocks that might be stopping you – this is going to be deep work, not just surface fixes). Then you’ll get an hour of Voxer support every other week for the rest of the three month period to keep accountable, achieve your goals and deal with anything that comes up (from client problems or tech troubles to mindset wobbles).
- I want to help you find an approach and system to running a freelance business confidently that works for you, because everyone works (and is wired) differently. We’ll find smart ways to hit your goals (without the hustle/work all the hours pressure). We can even chat about funnels and passive income.
- 1 x 2 hour Coaching call to set goals and get clarity
- 5 x 60 minute Voxer coaching/support sessions
- 3 months of access to the Freelance Business Lounge for group support, twice weekly group calls and a weekly accountability hour.
- Sessions take place on Zoom and Voxer.
“Emma is a sensitive and practical coach. She balances the sessions with teasing out the crux of a situation by asking insightful questions, with tips and tricks and ideas that help you solve blocks yourself. Emma has worked as an employee and also, as she is now, as an established freelancer. Knowing both sides of the fence gives her an immense credibility which coupled with her boundless wisdom and suggestions makes you feel nothing is impossible. I would highly recommend Emma as a professional coach to anyone wanting to bring success into their lives.”
“After just an hour with Emma I had clarity on where I was taking my business and an action plan to help me get it there. She gave me loads of ideas and helped me take a fresh look at what I was doing, as well as giving me motivation to get there”
Laura Agar Wilson
“Emma is the first person I go to to talk about anything, whether it’s work, personal, or utterly random. She is a great sounding board whenever I need to vent, she has SO MUCH KNOWLEDGE that she is always happy to share and her practical approach always helps me calm down and identify exactly what’s getting in my way (and what I should do next). It’s unreal the amount that talking to Emma helps me live life. More than anything, she has helped me to believe in myself. She is always there, always kind, always encouraging and I LOVE HER.”
Follow me on Instagram
Get more clients
Sign up to my free training on 5 ways to find your next client as a freelancer.