It’s my favourite month of the year! I adore September. Not only do you get that wonderful ‘fresh new notebooks/new school year’ feeling, but it’s also the start of my favourite season – autumn. September just feels so full of opportunities.
I’m now 8.5 weeks into motherhood and starting to get a bit more of a routine. It’s lovely to be able to spend time with Oscar and yet still have a little time to do a little blogging. He’s having a nap now, so I wanted to squeeze in a blog post about my plans for September, both on a personal basis and for my business.
- Weekly podcast show. The Freelancer’s Teabreak returned last week listen here, and I’ve already recorded several for this month. I want to carry on with a weekly podcast.
- A new #periscopemyprogress challenge. Last week using the #Periscopemyprogress challenge I managed to set up a great workflow for my podcast. I’m going to do it again this month to add a new e-course to The Freelance Lifestyle school
- Wake at 6am twice a week and grab a morning each weekend to focus entirely on work
- Put aside an hour to brain du,p and map out my business plans for the next six months.
- Post-natal Pilates x 3 a week. I’m using a free online trial from Joanna Helcke and finding that it’s a great way to ease back in.
- 2x 30 min walks a week. This doesn’t include general walking about e.g doing the shop. I can’t wait to go for a walk in the park as autumn really gets underway.
- Get back into batch cooking and meal planning. Fail to plan and you plan to fail and all that. I’m aiming to lose 6lbs this month.
- Go through my wardrobe and clear out everything that doesn’t bring me joy (yup, I’ve been reading The Life-Changing Magic Of Tidying)
- Get Oscar into the routine of sleeping until 6. He’s currently doing 11-5, which we’ve been working on since week 5 when he was doing 11-2:30. We’ve been using the Baby Secrets book and routines and he’s thriving on it. I’d love to get to the point of him sleeping 10-6 by October.
What goals do you have for October?